Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Business meetings, SAGA and Warhammer 40k - A busy week!

Last week was a good one here at Battleground Hobbies. It started off getting to share the love and business foundations of Battleground Hobbies with a group of local businessmen in the greater Pittsburgh area. I was able to display some miniatures and terrain pieces I've built. Including the Warhammer 40k Dreadnought we featured last month and The Leaping Wolf Inn which was featured on the Hendersonworks Blog last year. There were a dozen or so businessmen who were happily remembering their toy soldiers from days gone by. It was a great time to share the hobby and receive business tips and ideas for turning the hobby into a business. Sorry, no pictures of the event were taken. :[

I was also able to introduce SAGA at a local college and get a few games in versus the Welsh. This was my first time playing against them and it was thrilling to say the least. One win and one loss, battle reports coming soon! Lastly we played an inaugural game of Warhammer 40k. It's like going to the dark side, but have to admit it wasn't to bad

The end of the week saw modelling and finishing off a few old units. My current Orc and Goblin army for Warhammer had a few unfinished troops so I got them based and made some movement trays for them. Also finished some terrain pieces I had started last year. Stay tuned for additional photos as I have time to post them.

Now I just need to finish the 4th point of warriors for my SAGA Warband!!

Have a Great Battle
The Old Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment